Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is a neurovascular condition in which the thoracic outlet, the space between the collar bone and rib cage through which blood vessels and nerves pass through, becomes compressed. This often results in symptoms including pain in the neck and shoulder, finger and hand numbness and hand weakness. Irritation of local nerve fibers can also lead to cardiac symptoms, such as arrhythmia. Read more
The Truth About “Coming Rains Mean Aches & Pains”
This is a question we get often at Wellness Way Chiropractic. It’s true that many people with back pain, neck pain or other joint complaints are often suprisingly accurate in predicting when storms are approaching. However, the weather by itself is not the cause of their symptoms. An underlying condition must exist first. Read more
Pro-Active Pediatric Care
One of the greatest rewards of serving the Milwaukee, Greenfield and West Allis communities at Wellness Way Chiropractic is seeing our pediatric patients grow and develop into healthy, optimally-functioning kids. Wellness Way Chiropractic was opened with the goal of not only serving the sick and suffering, but to see to it that our patients have children that are allowed reach their maximized health potential. You see, while many people will wait until a crisis occurs before health becomes a priority, at Wellness Way Chiropractic in Milwaukee we have a BETTER WAY! Read more
Check The Object’s Weight Before You Lift It
• Test the weight of the load you’re about to lift by seeing how easily it moves with a slight push from your hands or your feet.
• A small size doesn’t always mean a light weight!
Make Sure The Load Is Balanced & Packed Correctly
• Make sure the weight is balanced and packed so it won’t move around.
• An improperly packed load can allow objects inside to shift, causing the load to become unbalanced and leading to an accident.
Can You Grip The Load Easily & Securely?
• Before lifting, make sure you have a firm grip on the object.
• Using handles will make lifting and carrying an object safer.
Is The Load Easy To Reach?
• Instead of reaching for something over your head, use a ladder.
• Get as close to the object as possible.
• Slide the object towards you if necessary.
• Avoid arching your back, letting your legs and arms do the majority of the work. Read more
“My foot is killing me!”
“Can you heal my aching heel?” It’s a question I hear at least weekly from new patients coming into my office looking for relief from the pain in their feet. Many of those dealing with plantar fasciitis begin every morning with wincing and a few choice words as they suffer through the sensation of walking on glass shards. The chronic pain of plantar fasciitis is a condition that’s hard to ignore, and the fact that it normally doesn’t respond well to traditional treatment methods doesn’t help. Read more