Most of us wish to have a long and healthy life span. Most importantly, we all wish to remain healthy and active for as long as we’re alive. However, with human life changing dramatically over the last century, never before has the risk of attracting lifestyle-related diseases been so high as it is right now. The good news is that we can work towards increasing our longevity while maintaining good health, so you can enjoy the ‘golden’ old age of your life to the fullest. Let us unlock the 5 secrets to improve life expectancy and good health:
- Exercise regularly: We all know the benefits of exercising regularly. Humans were not meant to live the sedentary life style most of us live these days. Go out and exercise in some form or another. Walking daily for half an hour would also make a huge impact over a period of time, not just in improving your overall health (and hence life expectancy), but also in keeping you fit for the old age. Yoga is another form of exercise that is relatively easy to carry out on regular basis and has many health benefits.
For musculoskeletal problems, visit a chiropractor. Chiropractic is a branch of medicine that focuses on correcting the causes of physical problems from subluxations and misalignments of the bones in the body. This natural and holistic method focuses on treating patients without the help of surgery or painful medications.
- Eating Habits – Go green: What we consume in terms of food impacts our body directly. One of the most important secret to long life is eating healthy, as much as possible. Studies show that one of the healthiest diets is vegetarian diet, as it involves intake of fewer bad fats, lots of vitamins and minerals and plenty of antioxidants. Vegetarian diet helps in keeping weight under control. However, it doesn’t mean one has to strictly adhere to vegetarian diet. One can include fish and seafood to the diet as they are known for their health benefits.
- De-stress: Stress is turning out to be one of the biggest killing agent for human beings (directly or indirectly). Stress is known to impact your body functioning and hormone balance, which can wreck havoc on your body. It also leads people towards unhealthy life-style related problems, such as smoking, drinking and excessive eating. These in turn has a negative impact on your overall health. Try to get rid of stress through changes in your life-style. Engaging yourself in meditation, exercise or even hanging out with friends and family would help you in fighting stress.
- Stay hungry – stay foolish: Keep yourself engaged in some new passion or activity. Keep the motivation of exploring new things going on, and don’t get bogged down in a monotonous and comfortable routine. Stay hungry for something new in life; it’s a secret to keep your spirit of living alive.
- Laughter – the best medicine: It is rightly said that laughter is the best medicine. It not only makes you feel more energetic and lively, it helps in fighting stress and improving blood flow in your body. Also, what will a long life be worth if it doesn’t have fun and laughter?