According to Data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
- Nearly 50% of Americans are currently taking at least one prescription drug, up 5% from just 10 years ago.
- 1 out of every 5 Americans are on at least three prescription drugs simultaneously.
- There are about 700,000 emergency room visits every year caused by side effects and drug interactions from pharmaceuticals that were prescribed and taken properly.
- The rate of Americans addicted to prescribed pain killers is slowly rising every year, to the point that more Americans die each year from overdoses of prescription pain killers than illegal drugs such as heroin and cocaine.
- Americans compose only about 5% of the world population, but consume almost half of the world’s pharmaceutical drug supply.
Choosing Chiropractic Care
Many people who experience back and neck pain turn to chiropractic medicine for healing. Those practicing chiropractic medicine provide patients with alternative treatments to the pain management solutions of pharmaceutical drugs and surgery proposed by the conventional medical community. Chiropractic treatments involve various forms of spinal manipulation that when done skillfully realigns the spine allowing the body to heal properly. Identification and treatment of ailments of the neuromusculoskeletal system is the area of chiropractic medicine.
July 5, 2016
, Back Pain
, Before and After Chiropractic
, Cervical Lordosis
, Chiropractic X-Rays
, Neck Pain
, Reversed Cervical Curve
See The Difference?
These are the before- and after-treatment cervical x-rays of a 35 year-old woman who had suffered a relatively minor whiplash injury in an auto accident five years ago. After the initial pain and swelling subsided she didn’t complain about any lasting symptoms, but two years later began having chronic headaches, neck pain, stiffness, and bilateral shoulder tightness. When conventional medical care and physical therapy didn’t provide any lasting neck pain relief she began searching for a low-force chiropractor in Milwaukee and found us at Wellness Way Chiropractic. Read more