Check The Object’s Weight Before You Lift It
• Test the weight of the load you’re about to lift by seeing how easily it moves with a slight push from your hands or your feet.
• A small size doesn’t always mean a light weight!
Make Sure The Load Is Balanced & Packed Correctly
• Make sure the weight is balanced and packed so it won’t move around.
• An improperly packed load can allow objects inside to shift, causing the load to become unbalanced and leading to an accident.
Can You Grip The Load Easily & Securely?
• Before lifting, make sure you have a firm grip on the object.
• Using handles will make lifting and carrying an object safer.
Is The Load Easy To Reach?
• Instead of reaching for something over your head, use a ladder.
• Get as close to the object as possible.
• Slide the object towards you if necessary.
• Avoid arching your back, letting your legs and arms do the majority of the work. Read more